The last 10 days we’ve been in Kansas City with my parents. I love coming home so the girls can dish out to my parents what they torture me with daily 😉 Just so they have proof of the level of craziness I deal with… I’ve only worked out 5 times, but life happens. We’ve had a great time outside of constantly refereeing the girls, chasing Ella who not only ‘runs like she stole something,’ but literally does steal everything and runs like an olympic track star! Speaking of Ella, her favorite words are “yeah” and “MO!” Apparently ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ are waaaaay too hard- ha!
We’ve made lots of good memories, like riding an indoor ferris wheel, bandaging Poppo’s leg, Poppo coffee date, street car riding with MiMi, and Kauffman Garden just to name a few…
And I know I recently posted another chicken salad recipe, but seriously, making it weekly is a must in my household. Perfect leftovers, very easy to throw over some spinach or greens, just can’t get enough of that stuff, especially when summers don’t end in Texas until December. I love fall, pumpkins, leaves etc, but we just don’t feel fall at the proper time. Sorry for more summer recipes, and cheers to the hottest month of the year! HOORAY!
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, deboned and chopped
- 2 Cups Halved Grapes
- 2 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 1/2 Small Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mayo (recipe below)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Regular Mustard
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Cup Light Tasting Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- Debone and chop chicken.
- Halve grapes and toss in with chicken.
- Chop 2 stalks of celery and the onion and throw in with the rest.
- Mix with 1/2 cup of the homemade mayo.
- Put all of the ingredients in the order listed into an immersion blender cup.
- Blend for approximately 30-60 seconds