I made this recipe the night before our family trip to Colorado, not thinking about how ice cream doesn’t photograph well in the 97 degree Texas heat that night. Yeah, that was the temp when the sun was setting (it was too late to do it inside, lighting issues). I had no idea that today would be National Ice Cream Day, so it actually worked out for me not being able to post this recipe sooner! What a perfect way to inspire you in making some good ‘ol healthy ice cream!
I will be back later this week to post a vacation recap. But in the meantime, let me just spoil you with some pics of our favorite place in all of Colorado Springs- the Broadmoor Hotel. A nearly 100yr old, huge, beyond beautiful hotel at the foot of the mountains.
This place was Grand, Gorgeous and an experience of a Lifetime! So blessed to be able to make precious memories with our daughters here. There’s so much to do and see in the hotel, we didn’t even come close to experiencing it all.
Back to ice cream, since this is why you are here… I essentially took my Roasted Pineapple recipe and incorporated it into a lovely batch of Paleo ice cream and it was as simple as that. So refreshing and delicious! The roasted pineapple makes it so rich.
- 1, 8oz Can Pineapple Tidbits, drained (or 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple)
- 1 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Cans Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Drain pineapple tidbits, or finely chop fresh pineapple.
- Toss in melted coconut oil and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and roast pineapple for approximately 15 min.
- Let pineapple cool.
- While pineapple is cooling, whisk together 2 cans coconut milk, syrup and cinnamon.
- Pour into ice cream maker.
- After about 5 min of the ice cream churning, add the pineapple tidbits.
- My ice cream maker is done in about 20min. Serve up some Ice Cream!!!